Fireplace Service Benefits

Fireplace Service Benefits

high-efficiency natural gas fireplaces have a rating of up to 75  percent that means 75% of the fuel is converted into usable heat for your home.

and if there’s a power outage many models will continue to operate making them useful in our cold climate

Here’s how you can keep your fireplace running at its best .

first be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for the safe operation and maintenance of your model.

generally natural gas fireplaces are designed to produce yellow flames to simulate a wood fire  but if you notice

black soot in the flame your fireplace is producing carbon and should be serviced by a qualified technician

if your model has a pilot light check to ensure that it’s lit to avoid gas escaping while natural gas itself is

that smells like rotten eggs ,  if you smell it or suspect a leak call our  24 hour emergency Line.

after normal operation the glass may become cloudy  , to clean it make sure To Call Certified  Gas Contractor

to save energy when not in use turn the pilot light off .

when the fireplace is in full operation avoid touching the glass at all  .

further maintenance includes :

ensuring that the outside Fireplace vent is kept clean and clear of obstructions i. f you’re thinking of

converting a wood-burning fireplace a natural gas insert can be installed into

the existing cavity as long as an approved vent liner is also installed in the chimney a natural gas fireplace is a

safe economical way to keep your home both warm and beautiful.

and taking good care will help extend its working life .

Fireplace Hazards

Fireplace CO and Fire Hazards

Fireplace CO and Fire Hazards : during cold weather few things can be as  cozy and attractive . fireplaces as their primary heating method to deliver warm throughout a house or room

although fireplaces can provide  warmth and ambiance they can also create indoor air quality issues if the fireplace is not operating properly

combustion gases and particles can enter a home from a chimney and flue that has been improperly installed or maintained.

pollutants from  Gas fireplaces and wood stoves with no dedicated outdoor air supply can’t even be back drafted from the chimney into the living space .

when natural gas  burns a major health threat where they can cause health problems smoke can contain harmful air pollutants such as benzene formaldehyde and other chemicals.

 carbon monoxide is another concern this colorless ,odorless gas interferes with the delivery of oxygen throughout the body people exposed to carbon monoxide may experience a

range of symptoms from headaches and dizziness to death at high concentrations

people are encouraged to have a professional inspect and maintain their Gas and Wood fireplaces and chimneys .

on an annual basis chimney should also be regularly cleaned to remove creosote buildup.

Carbon Monoxide Hazards

Carbon Monoxide Hazards

In this article we will Talk about CO Leak in Gas Appliances .

 can water heater , Furnace , Boilers and Fireplaces leak carbon monoxide ?

before start Reading This Article we want To let You Know that the information in This article are Based on Real Work Experience , Because We are a Company that is Specialist  in repair , Install and Maintain Gas Appliances for Years

we Do Furnace Maintenance, Repair and Install , Boiler Maintenance, repair and Install , Fireplace repair and Service , Water Heater Maintenance , repair and Install .

This is really a big deal in our industry because we walk into houses quite often where the vent is not hooked up properly and that actually allows carbon monoxide  to be released into the house.

if Your Gas  appliances improperly installed you can have problems gas water heaters burn natural gas to create the heat to heat the water,

so what happens is those exhaust fumes go up through the flue in the middle of a water heater.

and when they go through this flue it’s so they can go up exit out to the atmosphere where they’re not going to be a problem .

we’ve got carbon monoxide in the atmosphere very low levels not enough to hurt anybody but if your water heaters  , Furnace , Boiler or Fireplace installed properly  , more direct to the point if the vent is stalled improperly then you can get carbon monoxide gas in your house.

now if you look at the top of the water heater you’ve got the little chimney funnel on top and then you’ve got your flue pipe that sets right down on it.

  it should set down on it  securely  .

the weight of the pipe should actually keep it sitting on it.  we’ve actually walked in houses where the piece of pipe has been pulled off ,  we’ve walked in houses where the piece of pipe has been set over to the side where it’s not lined up !!

anything like this is going to allow carbon monoxide to get directly into your house.

Gas furnace is up in your attic , if you look at them they’ve got that type B vent which is the double-wall vent coming off and going up through the roof and that is to get the carbon monoxide to get those fumes to get that exhausted gas burn smell fumes .

  everything out of the house and I said smell there’s really not a lot of smell to it you normally you need a gas meter or a carbon monoxide detector to come in and test for it .

but  it’s a gas that can make you really sick and even lead up to death so your gas furnace and your water heater are the two biggest things that can cause carbon monoxide in your house if they’re not properly vented or they’re poorly installed , either way  this can lead to problems for you , it can lead to problems for your kids it can lead to problems for anybody that stays in your house or comes in your house

We all have different tolerance levels as to what we can take and what our bodies can handle , but carbon monoxide is a gas you really don’t want to mess with , so we  said earlier that it could be deadly

there are some signs to look for

The symptoms for carbon monoxide start off with headache , okay if every time you go home you get a headache even if it’s a little headache this is something you may need to check  , then it can lead to weakness , then to dizziness ,  when you’re moving around all of a sudden you get up you’ve been sitting in the chair for a while you get up you’re kind of dizzy  nausea and vomiting !

Those are two signs of carbon monoxide poisoning shortness of breath and then confusion , you can also get blurred vision you can get loss of consciousness ,  loss of consciousness is the one that once you reach that point the these carbon monoxide levels have gotten,

So high that it is really damaging your body so the bad thing is after loss of consciousness , if you’re there in that situation too long it can lead to death .

carbon monoxide is one thing you don’t want to mess with it’s one reason why we tell people look plumbers are- or water heaters are supposed to be installed by licensed plumbers they’re supposed to be inspected they’re supposed to pull a permit on it .

These are big things for this reason you want to get that plumbing inspector in to look at it to see if the job was done properly, if it’s vented properly and if it’s installed properly .

So , When it Comes to Gas Leave The Job To Professionals

Please Share if You Think the information in this article is useful

Vancouver Furnace Maintenance

Vancouver Furnace Maintenance

Boiler Repair Vancouver

Vancouver Furnace Maintenance : Forced Air Furnace provides a warm  indoor environment during cold weather.

Like all other  Gas Appliances You Have , A furnace Needs preventive maintenance , Because You Want To Make Sure  it is Running properly , efficiently and is providing good and Safe air quality.

Most homes in North America rely on a central forced air furnace,  that is Running by natural gas fuel oil or electricity , to heat air that is then transferred throughout the property through ducts.


furnace  Should Always Run Safely , But When its is not running properly , could be wasting energy and even be dangerous for the health of building occupants .

if  CO is Leaking into the air in the home , forced air furnaces can also cause indoor air quality issues by spreading CO and even mold and other allergens

throughout the home . (more…)